So a friend of a friend’s sister-in-law’s brother told you that he can do your website for R500…Should you go for it, or should your rather stick to the professionals?
That depends on the situation. If you know they know what they are doing, go ahead, but if you know little to nothing about web, rather stick with the professionals. It is very important for you to have a website with “quality” code. What people don’t know is that you do get bad code and quality code. The difference is that with bad quality code, your website has a better chance to be vulnerable to hackers hacking your site, actual crashing or malfunction of your website, to name a few.
The questions below should help you decide whether or not to continue with such an offer:
- Do you know if he/she is qualified to do the job?
- Can they design and develop a professional-looking website?
- Do they have the necessary knowledge about WordPress security and basic SEO? – As this is very important.
- Do they have the necessary experience to do everything you want on your website?
- Will they provide support if your site is down or broken?
At the end of the day, the choice is up to you. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. It may be cheap initially, but you don’t know what you will get at the end of the day, it is a gamble.
Here are some benefits of getting your website done professionally:
- Better design + more eyes = More sales
- Less bugs and cross browser compatibility issues
- Increased search engine visibility and ranking
- Professional service – we want the website done as much as you do
- You have a better chance of getting your website done quicker, because web professionals know all the in’s and out’s
- The chance is better that they know exactly what the problem is if your site goes down unexpectedly
In our experience, the businesses that don’t invest in a professional website eventually wish they had invested in a web design company. Considering all the important factors listed above, we really recommend that you do reconsider working with a professional web company, rather than just going with the cheaper option.
The task of building a web site and having it work for your business is too time intensive for non-professionals and the business simply won’t get the results they had hoped for without spending much time and effort learning the techniques that work well for businesses on the internet.